This information below contains the following:
1) 2023 PIBC renewal notices
2) How to set your password and login in the new database
3) PIBC CPL reporting in the new database (Candidate & Certified members)
4) Request for information – CIP Insurance Program (Candidate & Certified members)
Renewal contact: Nina Schmidt - email@example.com
CPL contact: Kelly Chan - firstname.lastname@example.org
1) 2023 PIBC Renewal Notices (no login needed for Renewal link):
Renewal Notices were sent out from email@example.com between November 7-18.
Please check your SPAM filter or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you did not receive it or if you updated your email address in between, we will need to send it again.
If you have any questions about your membership or you would like to change your status, please don’t hesitate to contact us BEFORE you go through the Renewal process: email@example.com.
Category or status changes: https://www.pibc.bc.ca/membership-transfers-status-changes.
PIBC fee schedule: https://www.pibc.bc.ca/fee-schedule.
PIBC member roster: https://www.pibc.bc.ca/members/register-of-members
When paid: you as member will receive an auto-generated receipt email (sent from firstname.lastname@example.org).
Invoice or receipt: please print or save as a PDF the given email. You can also check in your online profile under "My Transactions".
Please be aware, that each transaction in our database will receive a new order number (Invoice issued and later paid by credit card for example = 2x transactions / renewal paid right away with credit card without issuing an Invoice in between: 1x transaction). The Invoice order number only stays the same for cheque or EFT payments.
Our new database is not set up to be able to change anything other than the given Invoice/Receipt template and since our membership is always only with the person and not with their current employer, CIP as main database holder decided, that only the member's name is shown and not the organization and to reflect, that an invoice/receipt is connected to their employer would be only possible to show it via the given address, where the member needs to chose the Business address to be shown on the Invoices/Receipts.
If your employer will pay:
You as member: please click on the given Renewal link (no login needed) and go through the short online Renewal process to update your contact information.
Please select the Cheque/Invoice option at the end. You will receive an auto-generated Invoice email with a "Pay Online" button (sent from email@example.com - please check your SPAM filter), which can be paid online by Visa or Mastercard (no login needed). Please forward this email to your employer if you don't have their credit card information on hand.
If your accounting department is not able to open the “Pay Online” link in the Invoice email, PIBC staff will forward the specific payments links required that the member went through the renewal process and issued an Invoice already.
When paid by credit card: you as member will receive right away an auto-generated Receipt email (sent from firstname.lastname@example.org). Please forward this email to your employer.
When paid by cheque or EFT (please use the order number or full member name as payment reference): you as member will receive an auto-generated Receipt email (sent from email@example.com), when PIBC staff added the payment info to your profile. Please forward this email to your employer.
Invoice or receipt: please print or save as a PDF from the given email or please check under "My Transactions" in your online profile.
2) How to Set Your Password and Login in the new database
New applicants or pending Transfers won't get access until official approval.
You will need to set your password the first time you access the Member Area or if you need to reset your password.
Your login access point and information is now the same for both the CIP and PIBC Member Areas.
- Go to the PIBC Member Area login page (Link: https://members.pibc.bc.ca/signin)
- Click “Forgot Password”
- Enter your primary email on file with PIBC and click submit
- You will receive an auto-generated email sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check your SPAM filter to avoid receiving issues.
- Click the link provided to set your password
3) PIBC CPL Reporting:
PIBC Candidate & Certified Members are required to report their annual CPL activities. Please find more information on PIBC CPL reporting & our current CPL Guide to download here: https://www.pibc.bc.ca/about-cpl-program.
Please be aware that with the new Membership Database System, the CPL reporting function has changed. With the transition to the new online Member Services database, there will be some flexibility into the new year for any late reporting (as we work with the provider to troubleshoot and update the online CPL reporting functions). Members who may encounter technical or other challenges, or need more time for reporting will be accommodated.
Members who encounter CPL reporting challenges or may need more time and assistance can email Member Services Coordinator Kelly Chan at email@example.com who will follow up in January 2023 after the holidays.
CPL reporting with the new database:
CPL reporting is now reported per cycle, similar to reporting period or reporting year (Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2022 / Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2023).
There is no longer a dropdown box for PIBC events. Please copy & paste for the 2022 reporting year from the provided Excel sheet here: 2022 PIBC CPL Events.
Please make sure to fill out the important fields such as Provider & Completion Date, although those fields are not marked as required yet. We will fix this with the new database provider soon, since this info is required to be provided for CPL Audit reasons.
Help! I have only reported 17.0 units and the system will not let me add my last learning activity.
The system will not allow you to report more than the required 18.0 CPL units (a minimum of 9.0 structured units and a maximum of 9.0 non-structured units). If the last item you report straddles the 18.0 units, the system will not allow you to proceed. In this case, please report the activity twice, once per reporting cycle, while splitting the time. For example, if you have reported 17.0 units and your final activity is 1.5 units, please report as follows:
- 2022 – Activity XYZ at 1.0 units
- 2023 – Activity XYZ Carryover from 2022 at 0.5 units (or whatever the difference may be in your case)
If you have reached the limit of 18 units for the current reporting cycle and you have included the minimum 9 structured units, you will be allowed to report up to a maximum of 9 structured units from your current reporting year into the next year’s cycle (similar to the former carry forward rule). Please click here to watch a video on how to report in the new database.
You can change any current entries by either clicking on the pen on the right or (to delete) by clicking on the red X.
Please don’t worry about any previous years' CPL amount information shown in your online profile as, due to the data transfer, there may be some carry forward units missing in the total amount. We will focus on the 2022 information and any reports in the future.
PIBC staff added any missing carry forward units from 2021 into your member profile.
Members looking to report the 2022 annual conference sessions for CPL credit can download the document below and copy & paste the session titles for their 2022 CPL reporting into their profiles. The online sessions have a star before their title.
Please find all 2022 PIBC CPL Events, including conference sessions, in the following document: 2022 PIBC CPL Events
Video on how to report in the new database: https://vimeo.com/765830946
4) Request for Information – CIP Insurance Program. Action May be Required.
This info were included in Renewal Notices to Certified & Candidate Members.
As a Full/Candidate member your membership includes 5M Errors & Omissions (Professional Liability) insurance. This insurance protects you against liability or allegations of liability for injury or damages that have resulted from a negligent act, error, omission, or malpractice that has arisen out of your professional capacity as a planner or if a complaint is made against you to your regulatory body.
Please read the questions below.
If your answer is “Yes” to one or both of the questions, please contact CIP’s insurance program broker, BMS Canada Risk Services Ltd. (BMS) at 1-844-294-2714 or firstname.lastname@example.org and a BMS broker will assist as needed.
- Have you ever had a Professional Liability / Errors & Omissions claim made against you? Please only answer “Yes” if you have not already reported this to the insurance program partners, BMS/Crawford.
- Have you any knowledge of any negligent act, any error, any omission or breach of duty which might give rise to a claim against you? Please only answer “Yes” if you have not already reported this to the insurance program partners, BMS/Crawford.
Please be advised that there is no coverage under the policy for any claim arising out of any circumstance of which the Insured was, or ought reasonably to have been, aware at inception of the policy, whether notified under any other insurance or not.
If you have any questions or would like to speak with a BMS broker, please contact BMS at 1-844-294-2714 or email@example.com.
Members with PLI coverage have recently been notified by email about some important changes for purchasing Professional Liability Insurance this year.
- To maintain your insurance and avoid any gaps in coverage, you must either complete your PLI premium payment or indicate your intention to pay, before December 31, 2022. This is done by selecting one of two payment options in Step 4 of the new renewal process. Click either ‘Pay by Credit Card’ to pay now, or ‘Pay by Cheque/Invoice’ to indicate your intention to pay at a later date (due at latest to be received on January 15, 2023 to have January 1, 2023 as Insurance start date).
- Before you can purchase PLI for 2023, you will be required to respond to two questions which will be included in your renewal letter (above). Depending on your response to these questions, some action may be required. However, this response should not impact your ability to secure or renew your insurance policy.
On October 26, CIP held an important webinar with CIP’s insurance broker BMS to review the updated process.
Current webinar from Insurance Provider BMS Group: https://vimeo.com/764288583