PIBC Annual Student Fellowship Award
The PIBC Annual Student Fellowship Award provides funding to support Student members’ attendance at and participation in the PIBC’s Annual Conference in order that they may present their academic work to professional colleagues and conference attendees as part of the program of the Annual Conference.
Call for Applications (Closed December 6, 2019)
The 2020 Annual Conference will be the joint CIP-PIBC national planning conference - Elevation - being held at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler, in Whistler, BC July 7-10, 2020. The Call for Applications from student members for the 2020 Annual Student Fellowship Award is closed.
The deadline for applications was: Friday December 6, 2019.
Details for applications for the Annual Student Fellowship Award are provided below.
About the Annual Student Fellowship Award
• Amount: This award shall be issued in an amount up to eight hundred dollars ($800) per recipient for 2020.
• Number: This award shall be issued to one (1) eligible recipient from each of the Institute accredited university planning programs in British Columbia and the Yukon.
• Eligibility: This award shall be available to any Student member of the Institute in good standing who is currently enrolled in one of the Institute accredited university planning programs in British Columbia and the Yukon. Any Student member who is already a recipient of another Student award or other financial support outlined in this policy shall not normally be eligible for this award during the same fiscal (calendar) year. Recipients of this award may only receive this award once during their tenure as a Student member of the Institute.
• Application: In order to be considered for this award, interested eligible Student members must apply in writing to the Institute in full accordance with the application process and deadlines prescribed by the Institute, including providing: information about their academic achievements and areas of academic research; information about their proposed conference presentation; and any other information as may be required and/or requested.
• Selection: The selection of successful recipients of this award shall be made in consultation with the Annual Conference Committee, based on merit, taking into consideration the following criteria: overall academic achievement; quality of proposed conference presentation; and relevance of proposed conference presentation to the Annual Conference.
• Disbursement: This award shall be applied towards reimbursement of recipients’ travel, accommodation and conference registration expenses incurred in attending, and participating in the Institute’s Annual Conference (up to the amount prescribed) and shall be disbursed by the Institute following appropriate documented claim by the recipient. Successful award recipients will be registered to attend the Annual Conference & booked appropriate accommodations by PIBC directly. For other potentially reimbursable expenses, award recipients should be sure to keep all receipts and documentation from their expenses when attending the Annual Conference to ensure the claim can be made upon their return.
Questions? Please contact PIBC Executive Director Dave Crossley.