PIBC Annual Student Conference Funding
The PIBC Annual Student Conference Funding provides financial support or subsidies to support Student Members’ attendance at the PIBC Annual Conference each year.
Applications are now closed for the 2019 PIBC Annual Student Conference Funding. The application deadline was 12:00 PM (Pacific) on Friday, May 3, 2019.
For 2019, PIBC is forgoing its usual annual conference due to being part of the BC Land Summit conference, a multi-disciplinary conference organized in partnership with other allied professional associations. For this year only, the funding for the Fellowship Award was reallocated to the Institute's Annual Student Conference Funding, in order to provide more opportunities for more Student members to attend the Land Summit conference.
Here you will find details about the criteria and application process for this annual funding opportunity.
- Amount: Each of the four planning schools in BC and the Yukon (which includes UBC, UNBC, SFU and VIU) are allocated a total of $1,400 in funding for Student members' attendance and involvement at the 2019 BC Land Summit conference.
- Number: The planning students associations at each of the planning schools have been given discretion on how to distribute the funds to its respective cohort. The number of funding opportunities provided and the dollar amount that each eligible Student member would receive will vary depending on which school the student attends. Student members are encouraged to contact the PIBC office to confirm what funding is available at their respective school.
- Eligibility: This funding shall be available to any PIBC Student member in good standing who is currently enrolled in one of the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) Recognized Planning Schools and/or Programs in British Columbia and the Yukon. Any Student member who is already a recipient of another Student Award or other financial support outlined in Administrative Policy 5.1 shall not be eligible for this funding during the same fiscal (calendar) year. Recipients of this funding may only receive this funding once during their tenure as a Student member of PIBC.
- Application: In order to be considered for this funding, interested eligible Student members must apply in writing to the Institute in full accordance with the application process and deadlines prescribed by the Institute. The application process normally takes place every spring, in advance of the PIBC Annual Conference - see below for further application details.
- Disbursement: This award shall be applied towards reimbursement of recipients’ travel, accommodation and conference registration expenses incurred in attending, participating in the 2019 BC Land Summit conference (up to the amount prescribed) and shall be disbursed by PIBC following appropriate documented claim by the recipient. Successful funding recipients should be sure to keep all receipts and documentation from their travel, registration and accommodation expenses when attending the conference to ensure the claim can be made upon their return.
More information about this year's conference, the 2019 BC Land Summit - Collaborations & Connections, can be found at the conference website.
Questions? Please contact us.