Employer/Organization: Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Closing: August 17th 2020 11:00 PM PST
Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Senior Planning Analyst
$71,298.93 - $81,387.14 annually (plus 3.3% Temporary Market Adjustment)
It's your time to Achieve, Excel and Succeed in this career building role
The Planning and Land Use Management (PLUM) Branch works with all levels of government to support sustainable land use planning and to advance provincial and local interests where they intersect with the local government planning and development system.
Through their expertise in the field of local government land use planning and / or related fields, the Senior Planning Analyst represents provincial interests and provides leadership by:
- working to advance provincial and local government action on cross-sector issues, e.g. affordable housing, climate change, sustainable development
- developing provincial policy, programs and legislation on local government land use planning and related issues
- supporting and promoting effective local government planning and land use management
- harmonizing interests between local and provincial land use planning and policies
- assisting in resolving disputes between local governments or between provincial agencies and local governments
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Master’s degree in planning and 3 years’ experience in planning or related area (i.e. geography, environmental studies, public administration), or
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience in planning or related area (i.e. geography, environmental studies, public administration).
- Membership or eligible for membership in the Planning Institute of British Columbia and/or Canadian Institute of Planners.
- Experience in land use planning and development, and /or in policy analysis and/or the development and implementation of policy, programs and legislation including options identification and design.
For more information and to apply online by August 17, 2020, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/69297