Employer/Organization: BC Transit
Closing: December 18th 2022 11:30 PM PST
Location: Victoria, BC
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Salary: Exempt Band 6, MIN $89,700.00 - MAX $132,500.00
Closing Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 12/18/2022
Placement in the salary range is determined by an assessment of knowledge, skills, experience and ability of the candidate to meet the key requirements of the job. In addition, our pay philosophy is to align with the median of the range and be considerate of internal equity comparisons.
Are we right for you...
We’re passionate about people and creating sustainable, safe and affordable public transit solutions to residents across BC. We are an organization that has a people-first approach and considers people first in every business decision that we make. We are part of the solution and what we do matters; from fighting climate change with battery electric buses, to affordability through cost effective transportation, to connecting remote communities, we bring the heart, soul and innovation to public transportation.
It’s an exciting time to be in public transportation sector and we’re looking for a creative and passionate people and leaders to join our team. Not only would you be joining an engaged organization but you’d also get to enjoy flexible work arrangements, extended benefits and a pension plan as just a few of the benefits BC Transit employees are eligible for. Keep reading to find out if this role is meant for you!
What you'll be doing...
Reporting to the Director Corporate & Strategic Planning, the Planning Manager is accountable for the functional program area responsible for transit system planning, including long-term strategic system development, shorter term service and optimization planning, innovation, service change implementations, Service Standards and Performance Guidelines, feasibility studies, coordination with local government plans and development referrals for all BC Transit systems.
This position manages the Planning team in a multi-disciplinary team environment, and works collaboratively with various departments, including Scheduling, Performance Analysis, Corporate Strategy, Marketing and Communications, Victoria Operations and Regional Transit Systems.
What you'll bring to the table...
We value lifelong learners and have found the following combination of education and experience allows people to be successful in this role:
- Relevant experience including management accountability in an agency specializing in transportation planning.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, theories, concepts and practices of transit planning and excellent working knowledge of community planning and transportation planning.
- Preference may be given to a member in good standing of either the Canadian Institute of Planners or the Institute of Transportation Engineers.
What we'll bring to the table...
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits to support you and your family, regardless of what life throws at you
- Membership in a “gold plated” defined benefit pension plan, meaning it’s the best in the Province and one of the best in the country; putting you in a strong position when it comes time to retire
- Access to fitness and lifestyle centers to help you take care of your physical fitness and health
- Various programs that support employees such as an Employee Assistance Program and health and wellness initiatives and events aimed at fostering your mental health
- A complimentary employee bus pass (plus taxable dependent passes)
- A corporate learning and development program to help you in continuous career growth
- An employee recognition program where we all recognize each other's successes (not just your Leaders!)
- A social club that gives you access to events throughout Victoria
What next steps could look like...
- Interviews will take place between January 5th and 6th.
- There will be an assignment/presentation as part of the interview process.
- The position requires the completion of a Criminal Record Check or Vulnerable Sector Search.
- An eligibility list may be established for future full time regular and full time temporary vacancies
- If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please contact email@example.com to let us know how we can assist you.
- BC Transit is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. If the organization identifies this position as a reasonable accommodation for an existing employee, all candidates will be notified as soon as reasonably possible.
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for a role. Thanks in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.