Employer/Organization: Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen
Closing: December 9th 2019 4:00 PM PST
Located in the south-central region of B.C., the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen covers an area over 10,400 km2 and is renowned for its orchards, vineyards and golf courses, as well as its widely varied landscape including deserts, mountains and valleys, and pristine lakes. Outdoor recreational opportunities are endless throughout the Regional District and residents enjoy a wide array of activities all year long.
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen is currently recruiting for a full-time Planning Technician to join our team. The Planning Technician’s role is to perform technical planning services including processing development applications (such as development permits, subdivision and Agricultural Land Commission referrals, and zoning reviews of building permits) and to provide customer service to both internal and external clients. In addition, this position performs preliminary evaluation of rezoning applications, OCP amendments and other related planning applications, and provides further technical advice to Planners.
- Two year diploma in planning or a related discipline.
- A minimum two years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of standard planning, building and subdivision procedures and methods, local land use plans, bylaws, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of provincial, municipal, and Regional District legislation as it relates to land use planning.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel). Experience with mapping software would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Ability to work on a number of concurrent tasks with deadline pressures.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters with discretion and integrity.
- ValidBC Driver’s Licence.
This regular, full-time position is included in the BCGEU bargaining unit. The hourly wage for this position is $33.23, Paygrade 6, plus an attractive fringe benefits package.
Qualified individuals are invited to submit applications in PDF format quoting Competition No. 19-34E by 4:00 pm on Monday, December 9, 2019 to:
Human Resources Department
Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen
101 Martin Street, Penticton, BC V2A 5J9
Tel: (250) 492-0237 Fax: (250) 492-0063
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.