The Union of BC Municipalities is pleased to offer a webinar for local governments to support their work in addressing the child care needs in B.C. communities.
The webinar will be based on the guide, Stepping Stones: Child Care Planning Guides for BC’s Local Governments, which was developed with funding from the Government of BC and written by SPARC BC and consultant Sandra Menzer.
Stepping Stones offers local governments promising practices in five key areas:
1) Developing a child care strategy and plan;
2) Local government’s role in facilitating, securing and financing child care;
3) Local government’s role in designing and building child care spaces;
4) Local government regulations and provincial licensing processes; and,
5) Working with child care operators.
Register for the webinar by February 19th and get early access to the Guide. Local government planners and elected officials are welcome to attend the free webinar, which will take place February 23, 2021, from 1pm to 3pm. This event is eligible for 1.5 organized and structured CPL units for PIBC members.
The Guide will be released to the public on February 23rd.